Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Grinch

I am the Valentine Grinch. Yes this passed weekend was valentines Day...the celebrated day of love. Gag!!! This year I am the Valentines Grinch. Why you ask? Because my only Valentines was Monkey. Oh... have no fear. I did the Valentines party at monkeys school (I even wore red!). I brought cookies and helped all the little kids pass their valentines. I got Monkey her regular Valentines Basket (she gets a basket for most every holiday - kind of like a Easter basket for every holiday). We told The Marine "Happy Valentines!" when he called. But all of this was done half-hearted. As I passed out cookies to each of Monkeys class mates I almost wanted to say to each one " Bah-hum-hart" are something equally Scroogy. But I didn't. That is why I couldn't bring myself to blog about love. My valentine is thousands of miles away, and to be quite honest he completely forgot about valentines until he called. Do I blame him? No....he has far more important things on his mind than a Hallmark Holiday. So This is my Valentines Hate Blog. However, this time next year, I hope to be able to do a Valentines Love Blog.

1 comment:

  1. um, I hope you enjoy it next year :)
    I tend to ignore it in general. Seems forced. I like random.

    ReplyDelete