Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mom’s Who Lost Children / Good Grief

“Mom’s Who Lost Children/Good Grief”, began in 2003, and is a gathering for mother’s who have given back to God, one or more of their children in the past several years. We gather together for a time of healing, held in a safe and secure atmosphere. By honoring our children in this way, these Moms have chosen to glorify our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ in a very special way!” – Becky Lock, http://beckylock.wordpress.com

Becky is the founder and host of this group of women who come together to celebrate the children that they have lost. This weekend will be my third time with this wonderful group of ladies. Almost three years ago my youngest died. My world fell apart, and I can say with certainty there are times and moments in the past two years that I simply just do not recall, because I just shut down. However, I find that I finally feel as though a piece of my broken heart has healed a little. I do not believe that my family or I will ever fully recover from losing our little one. Monkey still misses Sissy every day. The Marine prefers not to talk about it, and as for myself I still cry myself to sleep most nights. But sometimes, there is a peace. I don’t know where it came from or when my heart healed enough to feel it, but I am slowly getting to a place where I feel like it is ok to be happy again.

I say all of this because this wonderful group has contributed to me finding this healing. These women are from all different walks of life, cities, and states. We share one bond, loving and losing our children to illness, accident, murder, or suicide.

If you have lost a child or know someone who has lost a child, the grieving process is excruciating. And no one person grieves the same or in the same time. I have found that for me it helped to be around a group of people that did not judge; that understood my loss, and even if they didn’t understand, they didn’t pretend, they just loved me and offered me a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. You do not have to tell your story, with these women, I didn’t at first. You can just be there and relish in the calm and loving atmosphere. That is what is so secure about Mom’s Weekend.

If you are interested in learning more about this group please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. You have lived through every mother's nightmare. I am so sorry. Words cannot say enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have managed to survive the absolute worst thing that could ever happen to someone. I am very sorry you have this experience, but am happy to hear you are starting to find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...........:sign with sadness:
    I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete