Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year

So....Every Year I make a new years resolution. Unfortunately for the last 20 some odd years I have not followed through with one of them. In 2008 my husband deployed and I decided that I wanted to look hot by the time he came home. So my new years resolution is something that began in 2008, but because of recent events I am even more determined to follow through with them. I resolve to eat healthier and get in shape for the well being of myself and my family. You see, recently my husbands father passed away due to complications with diabetes and heart failure. My husbands mother also has diabetes and health problems. I have realized that these are genetic markers for my husband on both sides. My husband has always worked hard to stay fit and trim (it is kind of part of the job description) but I haven't been as supportive as I should, by not staying healthy myself. I realized that not only does my husband carry these genes, but so does Monkey. My husband stays healthy and therefore he is not at risk for many of these problems, but with my bad habits he could be, and these are habits I am passing on to my monkey. These are habits that I learned from my parents, that are from pure laziness, and that are just not acceptable. So, that said, I hope that all of you who make a 2009 resolution are able to stick to it and accomplish your goal and those who don't.....well there is always next year. That is what is so great about the human nature, we can always get back up and start again. Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I too plan on following through with this one this year. I just received the Biggest Loser workout videos that I ordered and plan on using them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you called our parents lazy!!

    ReplyDelete