Thursday, October 1, 2009

Post Mom's Weekend....

Last weekend the Good Grief Mom's Group came together for their Semi-Annual retreat of healing and reflection. Although we faced several challenges this weekend, I believe we all walked away with a different perspective and a few less burdens. This weekend for the first time I shared with the whole group. This was difficult for me, but I was glad I did it. Although I am very private about my daughter, I saw the need to share a few memories of her. I wanted to convey that it is OK not to talk about the death of your child. For some it is cathartic to talk about it and share the milestone of recovery with others, but for others it is far more painful to speak of it. For me, I relive it as I say the words and that is too difficult for me. However it was important for other mothers to know that it is OK to hold private your memories and pain. The group is there to offer an ear if you are ever ready, advice if you want it, and loving arms and understanding if you need it. All in all it was a weekend of learning and reflection.

See the Good Grief Blog at http://beckylock.wordpress.com/ If you would like to know more please contact me or the group at this blog or send me a email or message on the Random Wiggles Blog.

1 comment: