Monday, April 13, 2009

I want an Enema!




I happen to be one of those fortunate people who live near a Drive-In Movie Theater. We used to go all the time before we moved from here, but now that we are back we are attempting to re-launch the tradition. This past weekend, the Marine and I decided to take the monkey to the Drive-in to see Monsters Vs. Aliens and Hotel for Dogs (a double feature!). we always try to make the drive-in as fun and comfortable as possible when we go. We take a bunch of pillows, put an egg crate in the back of the SUV, lay down all the seats and pop the back door. It is great! well....while we are waiting in the drive-in drive-thru to pay at the window and enter the drive-in, the building has a bunch of different candy and sayings painted on it. Monkey looks over and sees those dancing M&M's painted on the walls, and screams at the top of her lungs....."Mommy! I want an Enema! I want one of those! Can I have an enema pleeeeeeeze!" At this point the Marine and I are laughing so hard we can't answer her, much less explain the difference between and enema and an M&M. So I handed over the M&M bag I had purchased earlier that week for this occasion (They are so much cheaper at the store than at the movies!!!). I decided not to correct her, brcause....well.....I will never quite look at M&M candies the same again and to be quite honest, I want to see if she will say it again. maybe next time I'll luck out and she'll say it in public while she is w/ the Marine (he embarrasses far more easily than the Monkey and I do...it's kinda funny). So, for those of you chocoholic's out there.....Have you had your Enema today?

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Mommy should love this one. This is something she could probably answer yes to both. I will have some M&M's later, not the enema, ugh!! Mississippi OB/GYN's believe in them before births.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag look at April 23 Post of mine. I know you won't get this until you get back. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete